For the sake of clarity(mine) and for lesser degree of subjectivity, I thought of some Key Performance Indicators for judging a book. Here goes:
1. Synopsis: A one or two line description of the book's contents
Style of writing:
- Wiki-wordy - Usage of convoluted and unnecessarily complicated words
- Words-wordy - Usage of too many words
- Simple-wordy - A simple NCERT kind of a write-up - just enough to convey the message
- Fiction ( any book which doesn't fit in the above category)
4. Language: More of a profanity alert.
5. Favorite Quote: Any interesting quote(s) in the book
6. Review: The section with the detailed review of the book.
7. Verdict: The final recommendation